Terms and Conditions
By placing an order with Shleeq, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below.
WEBSITE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
The Client: The company or individual requesting the services of Shleeq
Shleeq: Primary Web design platform & employees or affiliates.
Shleeq strictly follows some procedure before, during and after the project that includes:
- Engagement with client about the desired services needed.
- The client completes requirement form online or offline (whichever way Shleeq wants the client to do so)
- Signing up a contract between Shleeq and a client for the specific design and development of web design
The named client is engaging Shleeq, as an independent contractor for the specific web design project of developing and/or improving a web site, hereinafter referred to as “web design project” which may be installed on the client’s account on Web hosting platform, hereinafter refer to as “Hosting Service. If required to perform services the client hereby authorizes Shleeq to access this account and authorizes the Hosting Service to provide Shleeq with “full access” to the client’s account and any other programs needed for this web design project that are included as part of the client’s service agreement/level.
1.3 Copyright and Trademarks.
The client unconditionally guarantees that any element of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork given to Shleeq for inclusion in the web design project are owned by the client, or that the client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect and defend Shleeq and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the client.
1.4 Web Site Maintenance
This agreement allows for web site maintenance to pages over a defined period mentioned in agreement, up to an average of one half hour per regular web site, including updating lines and making minor changes to a sentence or paragraph. It does not include major feature changes, content creation on site or for marketing, attempted updates by client repairs or web design projects delivered to the client via diskette. The period begins on the date the client’s web design site has been started on Shleeq’s hosting service or from the delivery date mentioned in the agreement by Shleeq, whichever comes first. Major page code and/or database structural changes will be charged at current hourly rates or require upgrade to a higher subscription plan to provide these services.
1.5 Completion Date.
Shleeq and the client must work together to complete the web design project in a timely manner. We agree to work expeditiously to complete the web design project no later than 21 days and minimum of 7 days after the client has submitted all necessary materials. If the client does not supply Shleeq with complete text and graphic content for this web design project within 30 days of the date this agreement was signed, the entire amount of the agreement becomes due and payable. If the client still has not submitted all the required contents within 60 days after signing this agreement, an additional continuation fee of 15% of the total agreement price can be assessed for each month of the first 12 months or the client cancels the web design project in writing. All our service that we provide during the project of the client are clearly being mentioned in the contract with the client. We do not provide any service apart from the contract if we do then we charge for the same. If there is any kind of delay from client side after the commencement of the project then Shleeq will not be held responsible and will not be liable to complete the project on time.
1.6 Project Delivery.
The web site design project delivery shall be started upon receipt of the payment associated with delivery. The website design is completed after 21 days as stated in Completion Date above and web maintenance begins after this date.
1.7 Electronic Commerce Laws.
The client agrees that the client is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Shleeq and its subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax or tariff arising from the client’s exercise of Internet electronic commerce except otherwise agreed upon in writing.
1.8 Web Design Project Copyright.
Original web site content specifically requested by the client and designed under work for hire (Work for hire herein is defined as a Service provided by Shleeq which is not covered in the Shleeq Website Maintenance section of the agreement) shall be the intellectual property of the client once final payment under this agreement and any additional charges incurred have been paid. Rights to clipart, photos, graphics, source code, Designs, work-up files and computer programs that are not specifically requested and designed under work for hire are not transferred to the client, and remain the property of their Shleeq. Shleeq and its subcontractors retain the right to display graphics and other web design elements as examples of their work in their respective portfolios. Shleeq shall place a small text link on the footer of a Clients website that simply states the website was designed by Shleeq and links to our company website.
Payments must be made promptly based on the agreed schedule. Shleeq reserves the right to remove any web design project from viewing on the Internet until payment is made. In case collection proves necessary, the client agrees to pay all fees incurred by that process. This agreement becomes effective only when signed by an authorized representative of Shleeq. Regardless of the place of signing of this agreement, the client agrees that for purposes of venue, this agreement was entered into in Lagos, Nigeria and any dispute will be litigated or arbitrated in Lagos, Nigeria. Please pay on time. All payments will be made in Naira funds unless agreed upon in writing by both parties. Typical down payment structure may be as follows:
- 80% of web design projects at the time of signing the agreement and before commencement of work
- 20% web design projects over looking at the preview of the final design made for the client and before publishing (typically 21 days after commencement of work).
1.9.1 E-Commerce Payments
Websites with ecommerce ability shall be provided with a payment platform to receive funds online with a processing fee of 2.5% + N80 for local charges and 4.0% for international payments. If the client decides to choose another payment platform, it shall be integrated during web design but shall pay hourly rates as agreed for maintenance or any other change made to it in the course of this agreement. If Shleeq shall use its account for receiving payments online, Shleeq shall receive tax as designated to the Government of that location and remit for the client.
1.10 Legal Notice.
Shleeq does not warrant that the functions contained in the web design project will be uninterrupted or error-free. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the web design project is with the client. In no event will Shleeq be liable to the client or any third party for any damages, including, but not limited to service interruptions caused by Acts of God or any other circumstances beyond our control, any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this web design project, failure of any service provider, of any telecommunications carrier, of the Internet backbone, of any Internet servers, your or site visitor’s computer or Internet software, even if Shleeq has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
1.11 This Agreement.
This agreement constitutes the sole agreement between Shleeq and the client regarding this web design project. Any additional work not specified in this contract must be authorized by a written request. All prices specified in this contract will be honored for 3 months from date offered. Acknowledgement of agreement after that time will require a review of current pricing and new agreement. This agreement supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.
This agreement may be modified or amended as required by Shleeq.
If any provision of this agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
1.14 Waiver of Contractual Right.
The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this agreement.
2 WEBSITE MAINTENANCE
Shleeq reserves the right to refuse service to anyone requesting changes or modification of web pages for illegal purposes, inappropriate or offensive purposes or any other purpose that in our opinion is inappropriate.
- Information and text contained within the web pages shall be authored by the User and submitted to Shleeq in final format if the information and text submitted is not in final format and contains spelling, grammatical errors etc. Shleeq reserves the right to charge the User for additional time needed to correct the errors that should have been corrected before submission. Shleeq may make recommendations regarding the content of the web pages, however, the User shall make the final decision and approve the content of the web pages. If there is any kind of delay from client side after the commencement of the project then Shleeq will not be held responsible and will not be liable to complete the project on time.
- Shleeq website maintenance services constitute changes to the current website and its existing web pages using the current web site theme after the initial 21 days web design and development period. There are three kinds of maintenance:
1) Maintenance after web site installation
2) Maintenance due to changing needs;
3) Maintenance due to recurring needs
Maintenance due to changing needs may include minor or major changes to the website. Major changes include additional information/graphics, rewording of pages and changes to graphics due to changing needs.
Major changes that affect the entire website or additional features will require a new project agreement or Shleeq reserves the right charge for that service. Minor changes are changes that do not affect the entire website.
Maintenance due to recurring needs includes publication of news reports, press releases, current events, schedule of events, etc. Shleeq shall provide necessary learning to client to enable client do this by client’s self or client can subscribe the Shleeq’s Web Management Plan.
- Shleeq maintenance of a website may include one or more of the following that are the result of recurring needs and minor changing needs: Text changes (such as news, press releases, current events, scheduled events, re-wording of text etc.) Simple maintenance and/or addition of graphics provided by the User to an existing web page (up to 1 hour of work or as specifically confirmed within the subscription plan). Major changes in graphics layout in an existing website shall be considered a new project and shall be agreed upon before commencement of work.
- Examples of what is not covered under website maintenance:
- Training – unless previously agreed in writing;
- Image work and editing, including logo design or redesign ( a simple logo shall be provided to client at the commencement of work if client does not have one already).
- Flash animation creation or editing;
- New pages or site sections which exceeds the number of pages assigned in subscription plan;
- Major structural or graphical changes that would affect the appearance of the website;
- E-commerce major customization;
- Video editing
- Subscription Period: A User may stop using Shleeq Website Maintenance services by giving Shleeq one month’s notice in writing or inability to make payments for subscription to a plan. Also, if your Website is not renewed, it will be parked on Shleeq for 3 months with a Website Parking Charge of 40% of subscription fee per month to be paid upon renewal of the website. Website parking is a deactivated state of your website where we save your website design and data pending when it is renewed. If for any reason, a client desires to end his subscription and go away with his/her design, Shleeq and such client will come to an agreement for the Website designs to be transferred to Client for a fee as agreed.
- Shleeq aims to make requested changes in the website within 48 hours. However, there can be no guarantee that the User’s entire request can be completed within 48 hours. Shleeq will endeavor to inform the User as soon as possible if changes were likely to take more than 48 hours.
- Shleeq will need access to certain confidential information of the client’s company, sometimes including future plans, business strategies and other proprietary information (collectively, the “Confidential Information”). Shleeq agrees that it will take every reasonable step to ensure that Confidential Information is not divulged, disclosed or communicated to any third party without the prior written consent of the User. Confidential information shall not include information previously known to Shleeq Website Maintenance, properly received from a third party or in the public domain.
- No Limit on Shleeq Website Maintenance Engagements. The User shall agree that any agreement entered into does not prevent Shleeq from providing similar services to other clients using the general marketing concepts and the know-how and experience gained hereunder or from developing/maintaining products or services which might be competitive with the deliverables and materials provided by Shleeq.
- In the event of non-payment by the User, Shleeq reserves the right to discontinue services.
- Entire Agreement: All terms contained within this document supersede any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.
- Social Media Optimization
By hiring Shleeq, you (the Client) agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use as outlined below. Please acquaint yourself with our Terms and Conditions before submitting any order for social media marketing. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you may not use Shleeq.
3.1 Authorization: If the Client is engaging Shleeq as an independent contractor for the specific project of marketing a website, then the Client hereby authorizes Shleeq to access the Clients social media as well as the Clients Google Analytics account. The client also authorizes Shleeq to publicize their completed social media accounts to Web search engines, as well as other Web directories and indexes.
3.2 Acceptable Payment. Shleeq accepts Payment portal invoicing, cash, cheque, or direct online money transfer from bank. Client may request to pay with an alternative method prior to project completion.
3.3 Unprofessional Conduct. Shleeq reserves the right to refuse service to, or communication with the client should the Client engage in unprofessional conduct with Shleeq or its subcontractors. Unprofessional behaviors may include but are not limited to profanity, discrimination, harassment, threats of slander, libel or blackmail, direct solicitation of its employees, or unethical practice. If a Client engages in any of these or other unprofessional practices, Shleeq will halt work immediately and resolve unfinished work per the Refund Policy.
3.4 Disclaimer and Severability. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this contract, in no event will Shleeq be liable to the Client or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of the services agreed upon in this contract. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
3.5 Copyrights and Trademarks. The client unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Shleeq for inclusion in social media pages are owned by the Client, or that the Client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, indemnify, protect, and defend Shleeq and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the Client.
3.6 Sole Agreement. Shleeq and the Client may have entered a contract for services, either prior to, in conjunction with, or subsequent to the Clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The Client accepts Shleeq’s Terms and Conditions as they may be included with this contract. These Terms and Conditions shall be read and interpreted along with any such contract entered by Shleeq and the Client.
3.7 Initial Payment & Refund Policy. The Client acknowledges that initial payment of the commencement deposit (as described elsewhere) shall be non-refundable and shall be in consideration of the initial administrative actions taken by Shleeq.
3.9 Completion Date. If there is any kind of delay from client side after the commencement of the project then Shleeq will not be held responsible and will not be liable to complete the project on time.
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
4.1 Prior Conditions
- The client has no duplicate sites, duplicate content or pages, redirects or doorway pages.
- The client has not requested or exchanged links with link farms or undertaken any spamming techniques which may harm the web site’s ranking with Google.
- It is not possible to give a 100% guarantee for any specific result on any search engine, nor can we quantify the level of increased traffic or sales, as a result of the SEO campaign.
- All fees are payable in advance and non-refundable under any circumstances.
- If the client makes any changes to the optimized pages created by Shleeq, or does not implement the changes advised by us, any guarantee placed will become void immediately.
The Client agrees that their website is not hosted on free web space using domain forwarding (either framed or otherwise). In cases where there is either concern that the current hosting IP address may be part of a ‘bad neighborhood’ or for reasons of optimization, Shleeq may request the client to change hosting provider.
4.3 3rd Party Fees.
Any fees that the search engines charge to include a listing are to be born separately by the client. This includes, but is not limited to pay per inclusion charges in directories like Yahoo! Etc.
- WEBSITE HOSTING
Whilst Shleeq offers hosting of websites, no guarantees can be made as to the availability or interruption of this service by Shleeq cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of this service.
- Shleeq reserves the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial.
- A domain name will be registered by Shleeq on behalf of the client once we have received the payment and shall be a property of Shleeq for the time purchased.
- When a Client renews Hosting with Shleeq, this also includes domain renewal if the renewal is needed to keep the site functioning and was purchased as part of the subscription package. If the Client does not renew their subscription, their domain name could be made available to the public for purchase and Shleeq cannot be held liable for this.
- If the Client does not use Shleeq Hosting services, then the management and Hosting of the Domain name are the full responsibility of the Client.
- Should a Client wish to move Hosting away from Shleeq or transfer a Domain name away from Shleeq, an admin charge will be issued, which must be paid before the transfer takes place.
- If a Domain name is purchased by the Client through a company other than Shleeq, the Client has full responsibility in making sure that the domain name is renewed when due.